Thursday, November 17, 2011

Yön - I Dream (1987)

Here we have a 7" that I consider to be one of the 'holy grails' of US minimal synth/wave. I know that term gets thrown around a lot, but this dark-tinged gem sure seems to qualify. It's extremely rare and I'm not sure too many people are aware of its existence yet. There's no cover sleeve version that I'm aware of, and the band members are listed as "Mr. M/Britain", which for me wasn't very telling. The record was released on Tekno-Wave Records in Texas, which has also been a dead end in my search for further info. I've been quite curious about this one so if anyone out there knows anything please speak up! I'll let the sound speak for itself here, instant winners on both sides. Enjoy!

Track List:

A - I Dream
B - Knowledge

Download


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am Mr. M. Ha ha ha. I'm surpised how you ever
found this. So cheezy. Ah, regrets.

Anonymous said...

Mr. M,
I certainly hope that your regrets are only that you did not release more. I totally agree with Crispy, this is an excellent record!

Thank you.

Vanilla Face said...

Well Mr. M, if that is in fact really you, please contact me:

crispynuggetsblog@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

This is really good my friends.. ~TymexPyres

Anonymous said...

Rip LISTEEERRRR!!! ;D

Anonymous said...

Rip LISTEEERRRR!!! ;D

Anonymous said...

Not exactly great music, but likeable and charming. Thanks for sharing this rarity!

Unknown said...

Another member of the band here..... We were very heavy influenced by YAZ, Vicious Pink and several other artists that preceded us.

Vanilla Face said...

Hi James, please email me here: crispynuggetsblog@gmail.com